Friday, June 22, 2012

LAST EXILE

Hey everyone! BlueMenpachi here~
Over the past few weeks I've gone on quite the anime adventure.
I've finished Dantalian no Shoka, Another (twice because my sister watched it with me), Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls, Mirai Nikki (an anime which I personally do not recommend...) and I've just finished Last Exile.
By far one of THE BEST anime I have seen so far. Really and truly.




Summary: Basically, Lavie and Claus are orphaned couriers in a fictional land called Prester. Their world is divided by war between Anatoray, Disith and The Guild. One day, by chance, Claus and Lavie come across a wounded courier, carrying a mission that he can no longer see through. He entrusts his mission to Claus and Lavie; to deliver his cargo, a small girl named Alviss, to a Captain Alex Roe of the "Kill'em All Silvana". Little do they know that tiny Alviss is the key to uniting Anatoray and Disith and finally bringing peace to the world. However, The Guild has other plans.

Artwork was beautiful, character development moved along quite well, comedy was appropriate, a few carefully placed surprises and some pretty awesome high flying fight scenes!

If you're a steampunk fan and you haven't watched this anime series, I really think you'll like this one. The airplanes (vanships)


that they fly and the weapons and technology the utilize are just eye candy for a steampunk fan. Not to mention so is the wardrobe~






After finishing this anime, I learned that Last Exile has recently gained a sequel!
It doesn't seem to be a direct sequel, but I watched the trailer and I can see bits and pieces to where it ties in. So I am excited to watch it.


This series was created by Gonzo and Renge Murata, the great power behind one of animes first CG anime Blue Submarine No.6, another anime with some steampunk themes.

(I remember tuning into Toonami and the narrator's voice say, "GONZO". Aaaah, nostalgia~)

Also! I've watched most of the anime with the english dub, and it's actually very good! Everyone's favorite black power ranger (Johnny Bosch) plays the voice of Claus, the main character; and Kari Wahlgren (I think she's more know for her voice as Fuu from Samurai Champloo) plays the voice of the second main character, Lavie; and Michelle Ruff (plays the voice of Rukia Kuchiki) as the third main character, Alviss.

There are more voice actors in this series which anime fans are sure to recognize.

In short, GREAT anime. Ending brought me to tears. I highly recommend it and I can't wait to start watching the sequel.

BlueMenpachi, signing off!
Ja matta ne~

No comments:

Post a Comment